Shower caps are a very easy thing to sew - and make ideal presents. One year all my friends received a shower cap for Christmas, using waterproof fabric I'd had printed up with my carp design.
You need to be able to use a sewing machine. As part of this tutorial, you will learn how to sew on bias binding.
To make this shower cap, you will need:
- Piece of microfibre fabric cut into 45cm diameter
- Piece of waterproof coated polyester, cut into 45cm
- 1.5m bias binding which is 3.5cm width in total
- 1m of 2mm or 3mm round cord elastic
- Thread which matches bias binding
- Cutting mat (optional)
- Sewing machine