Most Halloweens, I plan Estelle's outfit months in advance - and create a fabric specially to sew an outfit! Here is the last outfit I designed, using my Skeleton Fabric. (If you'd like to learn how to sew an elasticated skirt - a super easy project - click here).
This year, however, I've been really lacking energy. I've been battling on-going skin problems, and all my focus has been on trying to heal myself. So, in true British Sewing Bee style, I decided to adapt an existing item to adapt for Estelle's Halloween outfit this year.
I knew Estelle wanted a cloak - so I bought a cheap, large (size 18) top from Primark. I cut it down the back down the existing seam, chopped off the sleeves and hemmed all the raw edges. As you can see, Estelle helped with the sewing!
It was a bit big and shapeless to begin with - so I inserted 4 darts along the neckline. This made it much better and tailored to Estelle's size. Next week - Estelle and I decorate it together by printing a cat linocut on it!